Take the Flag
Following God's Signals in the Race of Your LifeRob Fuquay • November 2016
The spiritual life is often compared to a race. Pastor Rob Fuquay sees a parallel between the flags used in auto racing and the signals God sends us in our fast-paced lives.
The purpose of Take the Flag is not to turn readers into race fans but to help them become stronger disciples of Jesus Christ by paying attention to the signals God gives us each day.
In this Bible-based, 7-week churchwide series, Fuquay uses the flags from auto racing as a way to discuss different aspects of our life of faith. With wisdom and humor, these seven dynamic lessons will put you on course for your faith journey, helping you navigate the bumps and turns ride out the delays and pit stops, and ultimately take the checkered flag of a victorious life.
What is included in the study?
- Exploration and commentary on the flags from auto racing and the symbolism in each racing flag and the parallel in our spiritual life.
- Fuquay's personal experiences to discern God’s signals in their life of faith.
- Reflection questions
THE DVD FEATURES:
- Age-level guides for children, youth, and adults
- Each of the 7-video sessions include teaching and commentary by Rob and quick flag stories by auto racing professionals about their experiences with the flags: Ed Carpenter, Jerry Cook, Conor Daly, Austin Dillon, Scott Dixon, Matt Kenseth, Larry McReynolds, Danica Patrick, and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. The sessions also include additional personal sharing by:
- Michael McDowell
- Chocolate and Caron Myers
- James Hinchcliffe
- Ann Schrader
- Cliff Champion
- Nick Terry
- Sam Hornish Jr.
The video sessions for this study are as follows:
- Session 1: "The Green Flag" — 10:17
- Session 2: "The Yellow Flag" — 15:03
- Session 3: "The Blue Flag" — 10:52
- Session 4: "The Red Flag" — 10:43
- Session 5: "The Black Flag" — 14:33
- Session 6: "The White Flag" — 12:14
- Session 7: "The Checkered Flag" — 12:15
To purchase the DVD click here.
For more information and samples, visit TakeTheFlag.UpperRoomBooks.com.
Kindle ISBN: 978-0-8358-1579-6
EPub ISBN: 978-0-8358-1580-2
Imprint: Upper Room
Pub Date: November 2016
Trim Size: 6 in (w) x 9 in (h) x 0.268 in (d)
Page Count: 128
BISAC Categories: RELIGION / Biblical Studies / General