Companions in Christ: The Way of Discernment Participant’s Book
The Way of Discernment Leader's Guide is also available.
How do you discover God's guidance for personal and congregational decisions? Explore paths to clarity in The Way of Discernment, a 10-week study for small groups.
Who is this book designed for?
- People yearning to hear the Holy Spirit's guidance
- Individuals looking for direction in vocation or life changes
- Church leaders seeking clarity about their congregation's distinctive mission
- Christians searching for God's will in matters of belief, ethics, and faithful living
Part of the Companions in Christ series, The Way of Discernment offers a biblical, theological, and practical framework for understanding the practice of discernment. Sessions include
- The Beckoning of Discernment
- The Heart of Discernment
- Fruit as Touchstones
- Core Identity as Touchstone
- Growing in the Gift
- In the Hard Places
- Communal Discernment: Beginnings
- Communal Discernment: Going Farther
- Elements of Perpetual Challenge
- The All-Encompassing Audience
Marjorie J. Thompson is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA). She has served as director of the Pathways Center for Spiritual Leadership and as spiritual director to Companions in Christ, a program outgrowth of the Pathways initiative of The Upper Room. Companions in Christ is a series of small-group resources for spiritual formation in local congregations, suited to ecumenical use. Marjorie has exercised a ministry of teaching, writing, and spiritual guidance for many years.
Imprint: Upper Room
Pub Date: August 2008
Trim Size: 7.3125 in (w) x 9.25 in (h) x 0.278 in (d)
Page Count: 128
BISAC Categories: RELIGION / Christian Living / Spiritual Growth
—Mary A. Morrison Associate for Vocations and Education, Foothills Presbytery Simpsonville, South Carolina