The Meeting God Bible
Growing in Intimacy with God through Scripture (NRSV)Timothy Jones, General Editor • February 2009
Encounter God in new, transforming ways through the pages of this truly unique resource, The Meeting God Bible.
If you hunger for greater depth in your relationship with God, the NRSV Meeting God Bible is a feast for the imagination, emotions and intellect—leading to a clearer understanding of God's call to you in scripture.
"Holy scripture is a living, breathing thing," writes one reviewer. "Each Christian must engage it individually as well as corporately—learning to see the story of their own life within the Story of us all. The Meeting God Bible is a worthy companion and guide for such a journey."
On each page you'll find an Entry Point reflection based on spiritual disciplines practiced by Christians throughout the centuries. More than 1,500 Entry Points tap into the vital heart of scripture through
- Lectio divina or a two-way conversation with God
- Ignatian reading, which engages all the senses
- Franciscan reading, which calls on the creative arts
- Fivefold Question, which prompts consideration of the passage's effect on daily living
- Quotations from respected historic and contemporary Christians, which illuminate the power of scripture
Other features are included to enhance your reading and understanding:
- a how-to-use guide
- introductory essays for each book of the Bible
- Getting Started in Spiritual Formation articles
- easy-to-read, single-column design scripture with side margin comments
- a topical index for Entry Points and Meeting God articles
- available in the widely accepted, easily understood New Revised Standard Version